Wednesday 8 December 2010

Hits and misses of the British Fashion Awards 2010

Last night was the British Fashion Awards 2010 which showcased some of the amazing talent Britain has to offer. Man of the moment Nicolas Kirkwood very deservedly walked away with the award for best accessory designer, whilst designer of the year went to Phoebe Philo for Celine. Alexa Chung won the british style award and while a lot of people have negative comments about her I personally thing she is amazing! Her outfit choices are always effortlessly chic and you can tell she really does care about fashion. Not to mention she is absolutely beautiful! But enough about the winners, what we all really care about is who wore what...


Now I know I just said how I love everything Alexa Chung wears but this dress from the Chanel SS11 collection just isn't doing it for me. I don't like the length or the cut as it just seems to drown her. Her new shorter hair is lovely though.

 Elie Saab does it again! Some of you may know that I LOVE this designer and this black dress from his AW10 collection looks perfect on Daisy Lowe. Her usual edgy style is kept alive with the stunning lace overlay and her minimal accessories work perfect. Favourite outfit of the night.

 Hmm well for a start, what was Kelly Brook doing at this event? She seems to be in every newspaper every day but for doing nothing except standing there showing herself off. And while I admit she does usually look lovely this dress by Suzie Turner just isn't for me. The cut is quite nice on her but I'm not fond of the print, it just looks quite cheap. Sorry Kelly.

 Ah Victoria Beckham. The marmite woman. You either love her or hate her and I must confess I quite love her. While most people think she's just miserable I think it's just a front she puts on because she's actually quite shy. And I must say I do rather like this dress from her new collection. It's elegant yet sexy and would be a perfect choice for Christmas.

Naomi Campbell paid tribute to the late Alexander McQueen and looked stunning in it. The sheer fabric at the bottom of the dress in understated yet sexy while the top is beautiful and elegant. The shrug complemented the outfit perfectly.
   
 Lara Stone won model of the year and while I'm not a huge fan of her style she does usually look lovely. However here she just looks plain and a little boring. It's a perfectly nice dress from Calvin Klein but as this was the British Fashion Awards I would have liked to have seen her in something a bit more special, something that showed off her own sense of style.

 Alice Dellal is never the shy and retiring type and this outfit shows off her personality perfectly. I know not everyone will agree (or be able to pull off this look) but I think its fab! What else would a girl who shaved half of her hair off wear? And if I had her legs, I'd want to show them off aswell!

4 comments:

  1. The bodice Alice Dellal is wearing is new label Izmaylova x

    ReplyDelete
  2. naomi looks stunning! and i agree with you on alexa's dress, i dont fancy it much either :/ great post!!

    That GOOD GOOD Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think Victoria always looks amazing. Her skin glows.

    ReplyDelete
  4. To start with i am a HUGE fan of nickolas kirkwood and i am so happy that he won..his shoes are always innovative and great looking..I also have to say that i am also a huge fan of elie saab love his gowns they make every girl outhere feel like a true princess or an oscar star..Alexa Chung's chanel dress just doesn't do it to me i agree that it seems to drown her.Don't like her new hairstyle and haircolor i know she has this effortless laid back no make up no salon for hair look but this one makes her look like she doesn't even take her of herself at all....the elie saab dress is quite nice..naomi's not my cup of tea sorry! the while calvin klein dress is nice but it does look boring for the british awards...and the last outfit is for me a disaster as the kelly brook outfit..
    victoria can do better and we know it
    xoxo
    http://redpurplefashionista.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete